Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How To Pay Your Bills On Time

In our daily lives we incur bills that we must pay. It is important to pay our bills on time so our credit remains good with each supplier. Hopefully you don't have very many bills to pay. However some of us find it hard to keep things sorted out bill-wise.

Over a period of time I have developed a simply system to control the payment of my bills. It just might make it easier for you to pay your bills on time. Here is my system.

Most employees get paid bi-weekly. If you are paid other than bi-weekly you will need to made minor adjustment to my system.

Before you start make sure you have some paper and a pencil with eraser (You may need to make changes later.) on hand.

Write down at the top of the first page as your starting date the date of your next payday. Add 13 days to your starting date. Your new date will be your ending date. Record this date below your starting date. You now have a 14 day period (equivalent to a bi-weekly pay period

Collect up all bills that come due during the latter dates. Take one bill at a time. On the left put the date each bill is due, In the center of the page (and in line with the due date) write the payee's name. To the right (and in line with the payee's name) write the minimum payment amount due. Do the same thing for each bill that follows within this pay period (place the information below the previous entry). At the bottom of the page add up all the amounts due for one grand total. This will be how much monies you will need to pay the due bills within that time frame.

I do the latter for each of my pay periods. I find that I don't get mixed up on what needs paying and when it needs paying. When each payday comes, either on the payday or the following day I make it a point to take a half hour to pay my due bills using the current chart as a guide.

Personally I pay most of my bills by cheque sent by mail to the payee. I only use automatic transfer of monies from my bank account to the payee's account when I pay my ultility bills, e.g. Power and Telephone. You will need in each case to allow 7 to 10 days for your payee to receive their monies. When I send a cheque by mail I always postdate it for the day before the due date. This is an extra precaution to make sure my bill is paid prior to my due date.

Here are some things to consider.

On some occasions it will be necessary to move a bill from one period to an earlier period. Why, you might ask! You need to determine how much money you have each period to pay your bills (after necessary living expenses are deducted from your paycheck amount). You may be able to pay more than the minimum payment on a bill. If you can then change the figures on your chart. Each one of your Pay Period BIll Payment Schedules should equal the monies you have available to pay bills during that time frame. Then all you need to do is follow each schedule to pay your bills on time.

One more bit of advice, have your charts made up ahead of time and review them often. Make changes when necessary. This will prevent any future problems.

I hope this guide will assist you in maintaining on time payments of your personal bills. These procedures help me keep organized bill payment wise. If you have any questions on this subject you may drop me a line by sending an email to william-turvey@mail.com.

William Turvey has been on the Internet for the past 10 years. He enjoys helping people improve their life. William has two websites, one at http://www.seeglobalsuccess.com and the other website at http://www.badhabitscanbebroken.com. You can subscribe to William's FREE 12 email mini-course "Where Does One Start?" (about self-improvement and success) by visiting his sign up page at: http://www.seeglobalsuccess.net/subscribe.htm.Angele Blog37115
Arlinda Blog80560

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Besucherza sexsearch